Saturday, August 25, 2007

Another Week Gone By!

I can't believe how the days can fly by sometimes! This week was no exception. Sunday Travis and I spoke in church. It went very well. Travis especially gave an outstanding talk! His parents came over for dinner and we had a great time.

Monday and Tuesday were dedicated to cleaning and planning. I am still trying to get my head all together and things in order for the upcoming school year. We start the day after labor day just like the public school. I was intending on starting early because the request for a guinea pig is being granted for Joseph's birthday next month, but instead we have just been having "life lessons" and learning about guinea pigs for fun. side note*Speaking of the g.pig, Joseph has been working hard around the house and at his grandparents to earn money to buy the necessary supplies for a guinea pig. We made a big checklist of all required and we have been chipping away at it one chewstick at a time- the pig will be his birthday gift from his grandparents in 2 1/2 weeks*So, anyway, I have been spending a lot of time trying to figure out what two kids need to learn instead of just the one. Good thing I have one more year before I have to do testing with Joseph.

Wednesday Travis had the day off, so we drove up to Bellevue and had lunch, stopped by Deseret Book Store and bought a book, then took the boys over to the Temple to walk around a little and talk about the Temple. As soon as we got out of the car Travis saw a piece of garbage on the grass, so he picked it up and told the boys that if they see anymore, please pick it up to help keep the Temple grounds clean. I took a picture of them taking their dad very seriously! It was fun to take them there and hear the questions that they had when we left. Oh, and Joseph swears he's going to marry the only girl in his Primary class, Janina. (In the Temple, of course) I don't think Janina knows this and would probably say, "gross!" if she did know. (o: And the book we got..."Armor" by Kim B. Clark. (he's President of BYU-Idaho)It is an excellent book so far about putting on the whole armor of God (see Ephesians). Travis and I are reading a chapter to each other at night before we go to bed. We highly recommend this book to anyone looking for a good spiritual strengthener!

Thursday we went to Grandparents Nelson and played in the dirt for a while and threw some water balloons. Such great fun there. Friday we spent the day at Wal-Mart with Grandma Nelson buying some school supplies and getting one more item for the guinea pig. Then Grandpa came over and we had some frozen pizza and watched football together. (hooray for preseason!)

So, maybe that doesn't sound quite so busy, but it feels that way to me. It always feels good to have things to do. Luckily for me, I have three busy boys who love making messes, so I always have something to do. (o:

Below are a couple of the pictures I took at the Temple of Travis and the boys. Enjoy!

No comments: