Friday, October 28, 2011

My Love Affair...

...with my Nook! I joke that my best friend after Travis is my Nook Color. (and also my original Nook...but I loaned that out, so at the moment it's just me and my Nook Color) I've considered giving it a name, but I'm not really that kind of person. All I know is that I am positive that I would be lost without it. I currently have 261 books. (and 125 magazines---thanks to their free 2 week trial on all magazines!) A very large portion are free e-books that I have acquired..the classics and B&N's free Friday books...but there are some that I have bought and have read over and over and over. Here are a couple of my favorite reads lately.

Okay...I haven't read this one yet...I'm eagerly awaiting it's release in 11 days...but I love all the other books in the Inheritance Cycle and own them all on my Nook.
These books have been my mental saving grace. There is something about these books that make me feel happy and safe and smarter. I don't know what it is. They aren't about magic or really fantasy...they take place in the 1300's and they are totally teenage boy books...but I have learned so much and have fallen in love with the characters. There are 10 books in this series...I own them all and have just finished reading them for the second time. I think they have replaced my Harry Potter books for now, because I can have them on my Nook and read them much more conveniently. They are easy reads, but very entertaining and like I said...they make me happy!
Anything by Rick Riordan is a good read. My boys loved the Percy Jackson movie. I love....love...love Greek mythology....I even took a class my senior year in High School called...Greek and Roman Mythology. You know what else I've always loved? Egyptian history, archaeology...all that good stuff...and guess what? Mr. Riordan the Great also has a new series (yes, I have both books) that are like the Percy Jackson books, only it involves Egyptian stuff. Awesome!

I have also recently read Pride and Prejudice, The Secret Garden and Swiss Family Robinson. I have sooooooo many books that I haven't even begun to read...but will eventually. I feel sad for books that don't get read.

Oh, and I have a couple of these books too...for read aloud time at night. The kids love Judy Moody, and the Magic Treehouse...Plus I have some great interactive books for Elizabeth. And I even subscribe to the Smithsonian magazine!

Yep...I LOVE my Nook. That's all I have to say...well, no, I could go on and on and on and on...as most of you know me would agree...But, I will say no more. I think I'm gonna go re-read the third Inheritance cycle book in preparation for my newest book. Or browse for a new freebie! Woo hooooooooo!!!!

No comments: