Thursday, December 8, 2011

Glasses

I suspected Spencer might need glasses this summer, but didn't pursue it because he didn't complain. Then about 2 weeks ago his Primary teacher mentioned that he couldn't see the posters that the music teacher was holding up during music time...then...he got a big old fat sty in his eye. I remember before I got my glasses that I had a lot of sty's...so I called Walmart Vision Center and asked how much it would cost for him to see the eye doctor and get glasses. (cause our insurance for the kids doesn't kick in until January) I made him an appt and off we all went. Travis went in with him to see the doctor while the rest of us wandered Walmart. Then, I went and helped pick out frames. He fell in love with these blue frames! He tried them on and did not want to take them off. We explained that the frames wouldn't help him see and they had to order lenses for the frames. He asked me to take a picture to help him remember what he looked like until he got his glasses. (they are supposed to be in on the 14th) It cost us less than $150 for the whole shebang, so I won't complain too loudly. It's unfortunate that it happened at Christmas time, but I would rather get zero presents for Christmas if it meant that my brilliant little boy could see. He was so thrilled to be able to see clearly. I sure do love this little 9 year old boy!


No comments: