Monday, November 28, 2011

The Grand Tour...

We had our 6 month inspection the other day, so our house had to be in pretty good order. Since it looked fairly decent, I thought I would snap some pictures for my mom and sisters who all wanted to see the whole house. I thought I would post them here too so that I have a record of the house being clean once. hahaha. I LOVE this house! It's old and kinda small and very quirky and I love it, love it, love it!!! I see some of the big gorgeous houses that my friends and family have and I get maybe a small tinge of jealousy, but then at night when I am putting the kids to bed and hanging out on the couch watching movies with my honey...I feel such a peace. This little house is for us. We are a quirky and goofy family with lots and lots of imperfections...but we are loving and give of what we have...just like our little house. I really hope we don't have to move anytime soon. That would make me very sad. But...until then...I will love and enjoy the little house on the bluffs!
Our bedroom. The big wall behind the bed is blank! So I didn't take a picture of it. I can't decide what I want to put there...
Joseph and Spencer's room.
Elizabeth and Connor's room. (and their totally ghetto window covering until I can figure out what I want to put up there. I reallllly wish I had my sewing machine these days!
The hallway. All the bedrooms, main bathroom, and pantry closet are in this hallway.
This is the original living room. We call it the small side or the computer side. We really really love that wood stove! Hot chocolate just tastes better when the water is heated on the top of the stove!
The kitchen is on my left. I love the openness of the place. Sooo much room!
This is in the big living room. It used to be the garage. I'm so happy we have the big living room and not a garage. This room is where we are always at!
The big living room again. We seriously need a big old recliner. More chairs anyway. It's so nice that we have to room to be able to say that!
The front door. Come on in! Notice the curtains in the window on the right. We have to gather them up like that when we turn the baseboard heater. If I had a sewing machine...I'd most likely hem the things up a bit...but...alas...we settle and are happy we have what we have.

The kitchen. The window makes me happy. I love being able look out the window at the birds and the kids when they play.

So...that is it. That is what we live in. I can not thank my Heavenly Father enough for helping us to get into this house and for blessing us with all that we have.

No comments: