Wednesday, June 26, 2013

NOT the Plague...so they say....

So yesterday I ended up taking Joseph in to the pediatrician. . I took Elizabeth with us, but didn't have an appointment for her. I'm already taking stuff for strep throat, so I was thinking that Joseph probably had it as well. The doctor felt horrible for the poor boy. He has viral pink eye in both eyes, the inside if one of his ears was swollen and had fluid, and she said strep from looking, but the rapid strep test came back negative, so he was sent home with strict offers to sleep, drink fluids, and take Advil and Tylenol.She gave Izdet a quick once over and said she was on the mend, but make her rest too. The doctor said that what the kids have are most likely all viral, but a very rotten strain. She also noted that Joseph has been an extremely healthy child the past 12 years, so his body could be reacting more violently to all of the germs and stuff in his body.

So...it's not the plague, but it has sure been miserable around here. I can't remember the past time I've felt this poopy! Our house....oh, our poor little house. It looks like a tornado came through it. I'm not looking forward to catching up once I feel better. Ha!

Here's to being grateful that we are on the mend, and hoping that nobody else catches it.

I leave you with doctor photos....

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Awful! I hope you all feel better very soon!!