Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Just Another Tuesday

Yesterday we went over to Travis's parents house. We went so we could play in their big back yard, and also to help out with some yard work. While we were there, we decided to dissect the yellowjacket nest that Travis got out of their tree the day before. (the darn things stung his mom 6 times...which is how we found the nest in the first place) It was absolutely amazing!
The thing was huge...about the size of a honeydew melon.
I got to do the dissecting. I was as careful as I could be.


All those hexagons were so perfectly placed. It was unbelievable. Nature is unbelievable!
There were all stages of life inside.

Then, I took the boys and Grandma out for a little drive so Travis could work on his lesson that he has to teach in church (Elders Quorum) in 2 weeks. We went to the Temple.
My sweet little turkeys.
It was a gorgeous day out. Only about 70 degrees...not a cloud in the sky.

Me and my little turkeys. I love them so much!

After our little drive, we went back and helped Daddy plant some grass in Grandma's yard and I murdered some weeds that dared enter my garden. Everyone was very tired when we went home...but it was definitely a good tired. (o:

1 comment:

TaCalone said...

that is amazing about the beehive. Hope Deone is okay. wow! darling pictures! love you!