Saturday, August 21, 2010

We will miss you, Burt!

Wednesday, our little guinea pig, Burt, passed away. He was only 2 1/2 years old. Poor little guy. He died in my arms. It was a sad day to lose the little pig, but I do believe that the part that hurt the most was seeing the grief that my boys went through. My heart broke to see how sad they were.
This is Burt the day we got him. He was such a little cutie!
Technically, Burt was Spencer's pet. He is such a tender hearted little boy. It was most difficult for him. He cried pretty much non stop for the entire day.

We made a little 'coffin' for him.
Travis's parents donated a small part of land in their back yard to be a cemetery. Travis dug the grave and I made a headstone. We all gathered together and said good-bye and buried him together.We will miss our little friend. We are grateful that we have Fluffy still. He is now getting a lot of extra love and attention.

No comments: