Monday, June 11, 2007

Friends!

Today we had friends over. My friend Katie Bird came to hang out and chat with me, and she brought her nephew, Anthony. Now, I had the brilliant idea of taking a picture of the boys playing together right about the time that Joseph threw a nerf football at Anthony's face and gave him a bloody nose. (my angel!) Katie said he gets bloody noses very easily. Joseph apologized and all was well, but I just didn't think that Anthony would like a picture taken of him with a big old piece of tissue hanging out of his nose, so we'll have to take one next time.

Katie used to be our favorite baby sitter of all times and she was my walking buddy, but alas, she grew up on us and got a job up in Redmond, so we don't get to see her very often. Her dad is our home teacher and her mom is Connor's nursery teacher, but we don't get to see much of Katie, so I always enjoy time chatting with her. Joseph and Spencer get to see Anthony at church every Sunday, and I do believe that Anthony is a huge reason why Joseph likes church, but they can't really play in church, so it was nice for them to run like crazy people all through the place today. We baked cookies this morning, so after a couple of hours they stopped long enough to gulp down some cookies and then were off playing again. Joseph is right now sitting in the living room acting all dramatic because he already misses his friend. I told him that if he would like, I could enroll him in regular school next year and he could be in the same school with Anthony, but the idea of regular school away from home and all the cool stuff we do here...well, he can wait for Anthony's next visit. (o:

So a big thank you to Anthony for coming and playing with my boys and to Katie for helping me keep my sanity by talking to another grown up girl. (o: We love you!

No comments: