Thursday, June 28, 2007

Manners

The last few days we have been noticing that our boys have pretty darn good manners. I thought I would share some examples.

Connor at Wendy's yesterday BELCHED~not burped. "Excuse me!" Some construction workers behind us got a real kick out of that one. Pretty good for a two year old.

At the Mall, we got into an elevator with a lady and her two small boys. Joseph walked right up to them and said, "Hi, my name is Joseph, what's your name?" And then he showed them his toy cat.

Connor got a coughing spell. Joseph asked, "Are you alright Connor?" and Connor replied, "Yes, I'm fine thank you."

Spencer was trying to tell Joseph a story while Joseph was drawing. Joseph said, "Spencer, please stop distracting me, I'm trying to draw." then Spencer responded with "I'm sorry Joseph."

I fixed grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch today. Spencer finished his and said,"Thank you Mommy for making me a delicious cheese sandwich. You are a really nice Mommy to make me a cheese sandwich that I love."

Yesterday we went over to Grandma and Grandpa Nelsons to play. After we were there for a little while Joseph said, "Grandma sure is a great friend to let us come play at her house. I better tell her thank you!" Then a little later he came to me and said, "Thank you for bringing us here. You're the best mom I ever had!" (o:

And our last one~we went to the library the other day. There were several girls about 10-12 years old standing in the door way. We needed to get by. Joseph said "excuse me" and they totally ignored him. I said "excuse us" and they shot me a dirty look like how dare I ask them to move out of the area that people exit from. We walked around and as we did Joseph said, "Why are those girls so rude and not using their manners?!" I know they heard him say it. Why indeed! It's not hard to teach kids good manners. Why are there so many kids out there who are so good at disrespect? I'm glad that we are trying to teach our kids to be kind and polite. (they are also rambunctious boys, but they really do try) (o: We are by no means claiming perfection, but I like to think that by teaching our boys they can lead by example and help make the world a better place! (o: (yes, I know, corny!)

No comments: