Monday, July 2, 2007

Relay For Life

We've been very busy the past few days. I'll probably post a separate post later about our other days, but I wanted to post the pictures from the National Cancer Society's Relay for Life night. We went representing the Kohl's company. There weren't very many people from Kohl's, but it was our first and I am positive next years will be much more involved. It was a great experience for the boys to participate in. Cancer hasn't been really prominent in either of our families, which we are just fine with. BUT~it only takes one to be too much. Travis's sister passed away 10 years ago of Brain Cancer. We wear the American Brain Tumor Association bracelets in honor of her. Plus, I had my dear friend, Shauna Jones little boy Spencer on my mind. Spencer, who is just 5 years old, has bravely fought and won the fight against Rhabdomyosarcoma. (Shauna, correct me if I got that wrong-I did it from memory)

Anyway, it was great for the boys to cheer on the survivors and to walk in memory of the Aunt Kim they never got to meet. The only real negative was about 1 1/2 hours into it the skies opened up and soaked us to the bones. We ended up leaving a bit early because we didn't want the kids to get sick. (which they did anyway) So, here are a couple of pictures from our evening. There are tons more, I only selected a few. Oh, and the rainbow was on our way to the event. We looked at it as a good sign.

No comments: