Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Getting Dirty

This weekend we also went over to Grandma and Grandpa Nelson's house to hang out and enjoy their big backyard. They always play in this tiny little patch of dirt by the house. The other day Travis decided he was tired of all the fighting ("You're in my way~I can't see the dirt!") So he got out the rake and cleaned up a little part of the hill by the fence. The rest is dusty, dirty history. They played in the dirt for several hours, only stopping for a brief cupcake brake. They had so much fun and were so filthy. As soon as we walked in our door Travis had the bath water running. I won't even try to describe the condition of the water in my washing machine! But, as we watched them play and get so dirty we couldn't help but be happy too. Our little boys were acting like little boys. They were healthy and happy and that's all that mattered.

So, here are a couple of pictures of my boys and their exciting weekend adventure! I only wish you could see just how dirty Joseph was. The lighting was good enough to hide most of the dirt on his face. (o: Oh, and Spencer is showing us his little owie that needed a band-aid.

No comments: