Saturday, December 15, 2007

It's Been a Week???

I can not believe that it has been a whole week since I last blogged! I'm a bad girl. Sorry! So, a quick week in review. Saturday the boys and I went to the airport and picked up Grandma Nelson. She finally returned to us from Utah. Her mom, who lives in Logan, has not been well and so she wanted to go down there and spend some time with her. But, we got grandma back!!! The boys were super thrilled about hanging out in the airport and didn't mind the 40 minute delay. Then, grandma came home!!! Yet another thrill. So, that was a good day.

Sunday the Seahawks beat the crud out of the Arizona Cardinals and clinched the NFC West title for the 4th year in a row!!! Woohoo! Go Hawks! Oh~and church was good too. (o:

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday were just busy with errands and Travis and I working. We did a little decorating~like wrapping our front door like a giant present, but otherwise they were not super eventful. Friday (yesterday) was a really great day because Travis and I both had the same day off! We took the boys on a ride to see Christmas lights in Seattle and just get out of the house. We went to visit Grandma and Grandpa Nelson and see their Christmas decorations. We were going to help them put up their outside lights, but it was, ironically, too dark to hang up lights. (We'll go back in a couple of days.) Then we came home and lit a Duraflame log, had dinner, baked a few gingerbread cookies and hung out. Travis and I read some more of our Secret Societies book. It sure is nice to have the whole family together from morning to night. Days when only one of us has to work is good, but these days are great! Then we have the days like today where I am home then Travis comes home to kiss me goodbye. Those days aren't so fun. We have really come to appreciate each other a lot more now that we are apart more often.

That's about it. Today I took the boys to do some shopping. Travis is at work, so I took the boys with lists in hand. We first went to Kohl's. It was pretty insane there. We stood in a corner and watched Daddy work his customer service magic. He's so good! Since it was the Early Bird Special still, plus my employee discount, plus the friends and family appreciation time (if you ever want coupons for those days, let me know), I was able to buy $64 worth of goods for $22!!!! Awesome, eh? The best part is that everything you buy at Kohl's is really good quality. I feel good about the day. (o:

No comments: