Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Bed Rest

For anyone who doesn't have Facebook, here is a quick update on things. Yesterday I went to the doctor and my blood pressure was very high. This isn't a huge surprise except that it has been behaving so well up until now. I knew it was giving me problems because I felt really awful on Sunday. I didn't expect my doctor to be quite so freaked out as he was yesterday though. I had to do bloodwork and a non-stress test (I had so many of those with the other kids. I thought I had escaped them this time) Needless to say, I am on bed rest all day today and then I have to go in again tomorrow to be checked again. If my bp is up at all, we will go straight up to the birthing center and be induced. If it is the same or better, we will just go from there. I don't know what will happen. I have a feeling that she will come on her own fairly soon. I was dialated to a one yesterday and last night I had a few nice little contractions when I was trying to sleep. We'll see.

Anyway, she will be here sooner rather than later. This is the latest update. I don't think Travis will be posting pictures or anything here because so many of our friends are on Facebook, where he is most comfortable posting, but I'll get to it as soon as I possibly can.

Thanks to all for the love and support that we have gotten the past couple of days.

2 comments:

~*~*HEIDI*~*~ said...

Good luck Dawn. I can't wait to hear the news. Hope all goes well.

Shauna said...

Thinking of you today! I'd better go check Facebook to see if she's here!