Friday, November 28, 2008

Turkey Day

First of all, I didn't take any pictures yesterday. Neither did Travis. Not really sure why, but it was a pretty low-key, quiet day for the most part. Travis's mom came over (his dad wasn't feeling well, but asked for a liberal plate of dinner to be sent home to him) (o: The kids watched the parade and I fixed the turkey and stuffing and all that good stuff. The night before Joseph helped make the pumpkin pie. It was yummy!! Connor helped with the homemade rolls. They were okay too. We ate dinner and spent some time together talking. Then, Travis and his mom took the boys out on a drive to Seattle and I got to stay home and take a nap. Can't remember the last time I had a nap. But, the doctor told me I needed to start taking it more easy to keep my blood pressure down (funny joke, eh?), so a nap is what I took. It was nice. The kids had a lot of fun out driving with Grandma. When they came home we had our dessert and talked to each other some more and played with the guinea pigs. Then Grandma had to get home to Grandpa. We ended the day by watching the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving movie. Connor has never seen it and he laughed so hard. I had more fun watching him than watching Snoopy fight the lawn chair.

That's about all I have to report. We have a lot to be grateful for this year. Things have been tight for us lately, but I look at my family, especially my sweet little boys, and can't believe how lucky I am. Not to mention every time I feel the baby girl squirming around. She can be pretty active. (I keep asking if we can just skip Christmas this year and go straight to the end of January!) Thank you to all who love and care about our family. We are very lucky to have so many people to love in our lives. Hope you all had a great day.

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Happy Belated Thanksgiving. I had lots of thoughts of you while we spent Thanksgiving at my parents' house (a.k.a. our old playground). Good, good memories.

Coleman Family said...

I didn't take any pictures either! I realized at the end of the day that I didn't even pull out the camera. Oh well, who needs pictures of bulging turkey tummies lounging on the couch right? :)