Friday, February 22, 2008

Last Horse Standing



As most of you know, Travis's job title is Customer Service Area Supervisor for Kohl's. He is in charge of all the customer service, including being in charge of employees at the registers and even cash office, plus driving the employees to get people to sign up for a Kohl's credit card. Every day they have a certain goal number of credits they need to get. This is a very important goal to reach each day, as credit is a big money thing with the company. (Travis would do much better at explaining this sort of thing, but since he's not here, you will have to just be happy with me) (o: Our district had a credit competition last week. They called it Last Horse Standing. All the stores in our district were involved. It was sort of a sudden death kind of game. Every day that the stores made their credit goal, they were still in. If they didn't make it, they were out. Travis worked very hard, pushing his people to make their goals. He even went down and got credits himself. Guess what? We won! Our store was in the running against one other store for three days before we knocked them out. The prize is $200 in our party fund. Pretty cool prize, but the best prize of all is that we accomplished such a big goal and beat out all the other stores in our district. And my Travis was the leader of our pack! Since I am on the adset team, I did not participate because we are there mostly when there are no customers, but I helped design a game that Travis used to help motivate everyone during that week.
Anyway~I am very proud of Travis and our store. He excels in everything he does there and really is a very valuable employee. Now, if they would just get an Executive spot open so he can take it and move up. He's ready and waiting!

In other news, well, there really isn't a whole heck of a lot of other news. I got stuck for an extra hour and a half at work last night. Since we are the last to leave the building we have to arm the alarm. It was almost midnight and my supervisor couldn't get the alarm to arm. We called the alarm company and they told us a bunch of things to do, none of which worked. I called Travis and he gave us ideas and phone numbers and tried to help us out, but to no avail. We ended up having to have one of our Executives come to the building (she was thrilled to have to get out of bed) and come and fix it. The problem ended up being in the cash office~where none of us have keys to get to. Needless to say, my supervisor and I got to know each other a lot better while we sat in the wheel chairs by the front door waiting for the exec to come. (we sent everyone else hoome, although there were only 6 of us in the first place) The worst part was that Joseph is going through a phase where he really misses me while I'm gone. He talked to me on the phone at midnight, crying because he couldn't sleep without me being home. When I finally got home at almost 1:30am, Travis was sound asleep on the boys bedroom floor (per Joseph's request~isn't he an awesome dad?) and Joseph was sitting up waiting for me. Poor kid~he could have been asleep so much sooner if I would have been home on time. Oh well. It was a nice little adventure for me. Good old Kohl's! (by the way~that's not a picture of our store~just a visual aid)

No comments: