Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Nuclear Option?

Okay~around Christmas time Connor caught a cold. It was fairly mild. He passed it onto his brothers, but again, it was mild. Then after New Year's, Connor's cold came back. Still not too bad, but he passed it on to his brothers again. I went around the place spraying door knobs and toilet seats with Lysol. Then, Connor's cold came back~again! This was about 2 weeks ago. It was not so mild. It worked it's way into Joseph. Then Travis. Then Spencer. Then Dawn. This was a cold with a fever. Not so much fun. I can't remember the last time I had a fever. I didn't know how to operate. I was miserable along with everyone else. Mom's are not supposed to get sick! Just not fair.

Here's a little side story to all of this. This weekend was when Travis, Spencer, and I were down for the count. We couldn't even go to church on Sunday. Connor and Joseph, however, were feeling pretty good. So, we told Joseph to please help keep Connor occupied and out of trouble while we laid there like dead fish. He took Connor into the playroom and played with him all day. They watched some of Connors favorite dvd's and just had a good old time. I was very proud of Joseph, but afraid that it wouldn't last, so in the afternoon I told him that if he kept doing such an excellent job taking care of his brother, I would pay him a whole dollar!!! **wink**He thought that was fantastic...until...Daddy offered a whole dollar from his wallet as well!! Joseph couldn't believe his luck! So, he watched his little brother the entire day and when Connor went to bed, we paid our little slave, I mean son, $2!!! He thought he was the richest kid in town. He's got it all tucked away waiting for the day mommy says that she's healthy enough to go to Wal-Mart!

So, anyway, once the fevers all broke, I took every piece of bedding I could get my hands on and threw them in the washer machine (this took a whole day), and every dish got tossed in the dishwasher. (hello gigantic hot water bill) I used an entire can of Lysol, and aired the place out. Now it's just a wait and see. Did we build a good enough immunity? Did I kill enough of the germ? Or am I going to have to call Iran and ask to borrow some of their plutonium? We'll just have to wait and see.

Another quick, and, I think kind of humorous, side story. Yesterday I went to my eye doc to get new contacts. I had a slight fever when I got up, but refused to miss this appointment, so I took some tylenol and headed over there. While in the waiting room, my fever broke. I was sweating like there was no tomorrow. I think the doctor thought I was nervous or something. He kept asking me if I was okay. When I stood up, my backside was soaked in sweat. Good thing it was raining (SHOCK~rain in Seattle!). I just hoped people who saw me thought it was the rain. Okay~that story wasn't as funny as I remember it. Guess you had to be there. (o:

No comments: