Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Getting ready for school

I'm right in the middle of a pile of papers and books, but needed a break. This is my break. (o: I'm trying to pull together all of the things that we will need for school this year. It's a bit more work now that I am teaching all three boys. Connor is just preschool, but it's still quite a bit of work. I got a degree in Preschool Education! If they can make a degree out of it, even an Associates, then there must be something to it, right? My little plan is to have Joseph and Spencer help with the teaching of Connor though, so that can make it fun. We have 11 topics we have to cover for the older boys. Social Studies doesn't go with History like some other states, so for the social studies, I am having the boys each help teach their brother. Joseph is in charge of letters and letter sounds. Spencer is in charge of numbers and they are both in charge of reading to Connor on a regular basis. The boys are already doing a great job at reading to Connor and the other day in the car, after I turned right, Connor told me good job turning right. That was impressive enough until Spencer announced,"I've been teaching Connor which side is his right and which side is his left. I think he understands what I'm teaching him!" LOVE IT!!

So, with all my planning, I haven't really been thinking of much of anything else. I've been rearranging furniture and reorganizing books and supplies. The bedrooms are shameful because I haven't gone near them for quite a while. Not that anyone sees the bedrooms besides us, but my mom would have a coronary if she saw them. (o: Still, this is a good distraction for me because otherwise I would be sitting around counting down the minutes until September 16th arrives and we find out if we need pink or blue in the crib.

Okay, time to get back to work. Hope all is well with all of you. I'm still thinking about the separate homeschool blog that Shauna suggested I should do. (I should never have admired hers!~but it is so cool!) We shall see. Until then...ciao!

1 comment:

Shauna said...

I'm interested in what exactly your 11 subjects of study are. And I totally think you should do a homeschool blog. I love having mine. I still have lots I want to add to it, like a schedule of which days we'll do what and the reasons I homeschool and stuff like that, but it's a work in progress and I'm really enjoying it.