Monday, October 22, 2007

Alms for the Poor

As I was laying on the floor with my youngest this morning, I was thinking about the Disney cartoon "Robin Hood" when he's dressed up like a blind beggar, holding his cup out and saying, "Alms, alms, for the poor." Imagine me being the blind beggar, only not blind and not a red fox. Why do I say this? Well, for a few reasons, but I was mainly thinking of it this morning because... Remember the make-believe I told you about earlier? Well, the boys have discovered that the little heater in the living room blows warm air. Not only that, but it is in kind of a little nook, so when they put all their blankets and pillows in front of the little heater, they are in their own little paradise. They'll be dripping with sweat and pretending to be cozy in front of the fire. They'll have their hot chocolate, sitting in front of the heater with the back door wide open cause it's too hot. See what I'm leading to? My electric bill is going to go through the roof! We are limiting this make belive to early morning and late evening now. Still, it's gonna cost us. (but they're having so much fun!)

We have never been super financially secure. We will someday. I have full confidence in Travis and his abilities. He chose a career that moves kind of slowly in the advancement department, but he will get there. In the mean time, it looks like I will be taking on a part time job to help supplement our income at least during the holidays. Kohl's is looking for people to work in the evenings on the Ad Set team, so if they want me, they can have me. I know the Ad Set person wants me, but there is a lot of red tape to go through, so it may take a week or two to get hired on, but it looks like that's what will happen. They are agreeing to arrange Travis's schedule so that he has early shifts on the nights that I would do ad set. They usually work from 6-midnight or somewhere around there. I'll keep you all posted. I'm just not a tupperware seller and I can't find anyone that would pay me big bucks for my special skills of diaper changing, snotty nose wiping, and laundry washing. Not one that I can do out of my home anyway. I guess if I wanted to go be someones nanny or maid I could, but I am already a very underpaid nanny and maid. (o:

Anyone catch the Seahawks game last night? I know~it's Sunday and naughty to watch football on Sunday, but it's the Seahawks!!!!! And they beat my little brother's (David) poor little St. Louis Rams. We did feel a bit sorry for the Rams, but not much. (o: GO HAWKS!!!!!

No comments: