Monday, July 14, 2008

A Little of This and That

A funny little bum story...

Connor fell on his bottom. He begins to cry. The loving mommy that I am hugs him and then says...

"Let me see your bum. Oh no! You broke it! Now it has a crack in it!!!" (yes, I know. Totally immature and too old of a joke for a 3 year old, but I couldn't resist~plus it made his oldest brother laugh)

Connor feels his behind and then really starts to cry. He walked all over the house for an hour crying and telling anyone who would listen...

"My bum got cracked!"

I just asked him if his bum was still cracked. He felt his behind and said, "Yes...no. I think it's all better."

In other news, we have begun to study insects. I think that's a pretty good subject to study during the summer. We have a little bug house that we leave at Grandma Deone's. They love catching roly poly bugs and putting them in the house to watch. So, we began with discussing the basic parts of insects (head, thorax, abdomen, 6 legs). We watched a Magic Schoolbus called "Bugs, Bugs, Bugs" and then did a fun little beehive/bee craft thing. Here are the mobile's. I would like to make a homemade ant farm. I know we can buy them, but I in my science book they tell how to build your own. This would entail going for a hike and looking for an ant hill. Now that the good old "morning" sickness is about 75% gone, I'm thinking that on a day when it's in the 70's we will go a-ant-huntin. The boys have requested the study of ants, bees, butterflies, and moths. Fun, huh? By the way, we are homeschooling year round. There are several families that do this in this area. This way we could take the entire holiday season from Thanksgiving to New Years off (sorta) and then the first couple of weeks of feeling horrible were "vacation" days as well.

Anyway. I think that's all I'm gonna get in for now. Travis is at work tonight and the boys are bugging me to feed them. The nerve! I just saw them snacking on~I kid you not~bread and water 10 minutes ago. (o:

1 comment:

Sarah Moore said...

Dawn, I've really enjoyed catching up on your blog. You have a beautiful family and you all seem so happy. I'm glad life is so great for you! Lots of love, sarah