Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I'm So Grateful!

If anyone out there really knows Southpark like we do, the title of this page would ring funny. For all the rest of you, I really am grateful. I was sitting on my couch this morning looking at the disaster that is my living room. Then I looked over at our poor Christmas tree that Connor "trimmed" with his school scissors, and then at my 3 little devils we lovingly call "Legion", playing on the floor amongst the mess, being so nice to each other and being sooo cute. All I could think of was a talk President Monson gave in the April conference where he said to enjoy the moment. There will be plenty of time to clean the house and worry about having a perfect tree in the future when all the kids grow up and leave. My mom has said this too. Watching my little boys be nice to each other, thinking back on their prayers last night at bedtime and how long the prayers are getting because they have so many people that they want Heavenly Father to bless. All the kisses I get from them for no reason. I really am grateful for these children that I was told I would never have. They are my greatest gift. Now I am just waiting to put the icing on the cake with my little girl. (we're getting so close) I don't know what I did in Heaven to get so lucky to have the family that I do, but whatever it was, I'm sure glad that I did it.

The snow is still out there and people are still sliding all over the place. Travis couldn't even get out of the parking lot yesterday morning, so he stayed home from work and went in early today to make up for the hours. I had things that I purposely saved for the last minute in my Christmas shopping, that I still haven't done because I don't dare go out on the icy roads. Travis said they aren't too bad today so I will probably try it out tonight. (wish me luck with that)

So, that's it for now. Everyone have a great day. OH!!! One other thing. I've been laughing at Travis lately because he's been pointing out all the gray hairs sprouting in his head. I don't laugh because of the gray, but because he was calling me into the bathroom to check them out after he plucked them. Then one day he realized that he would be plucking for a long time because he's getting so many. (but not as many as his big brother~right Jeff?) (o: I laughed until the other day when I was combing through my hair and I noticed a FEW gray hairs in MY head!!! What the heck? Not even funny. I told Travis he gave me half and the boys the other half. I will so be (at least) highlighting my hair after Elizabeth is born! I'm only 34 for heavens sake! I mean, I have been married going on 15 years and am no spring chicken, but seriously...GRAY!!

Anyway, have a great day!

No comments: