Monday, March 16, 2009

Blasts from the Past!

Last night Travis and I were going through a box of old photos looking for pictures from his mission to post on Facebook. There are a bunch of people from his mission that are putting together a Columbus Ohio Mission page, so we were working on helping add to it. We came across some pretty funny old pictures of ourselves. I can't believe we were ever this young! So, in the spirit of sharing but also to document and have an extra copy of these somewhere, here are a couple of funny old pictures. (mom, please don't disown me for this) (o:
This was taken at Travis's apartment at Ricks College in Rexburg, ID, not long after we got engaged. We were sooo in love and so young! (1994)
This is Travis and Rob McKnight, one of his roomies. He roomed with Rob's older brother, Jason, also. Travis and Jason served in Ohio together. I love the cinched jacket. This was 1994 also.

Tee hee. This is Mom and Dad in 1994. Dad, what's up with that hat? Look how cute you two were!!!!
This scanned terrible, but it was the night that I got my wedding dress. My mom bought that yellow dress at a thrift store as a joke. She claimed it was her Mother of the Bride dress. I wouldn't have cared. I was just so happy to get married, Ireally didn't care much about the details. Just wanted the wedding. (o: This is at my parents in St. Louis. Travis took the photo.
Travis took this when we were engaged. This is at Mom and Dad's house in St. Louis. I took him there to meet my parents. He called this my Hillary Clinton headband look. I just like how skinny I was!
One more of my guy. Here he is with Barry Brooksby on their mission. Travis was pretty dang skinny there. Note the nice square glasses. It was good that he broke those while out there and had to get the more "modern" round ones. (You know, the gigantic round ones that took up half his face)
Okay, that's enough for now. We had a ton of fun looking through all these last night. This barely scratches the surface of what we found, but it's a good sampling. (o: That's all for now.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

You two are so cute! I love the old pictures. It's really fun to see them.