Thursday, December 20, 2012

Jingle Mouse Day 22 and the End of the World

(small disclaimer...this is supposed to be Friday's post, but, I'm too pooped to wait up until after midnight to post, just to get the date right...so, please pretend this was posted on 12/21/12. Thank you)

It's the end of the world and we know it, and I feel fine....I have that song totally stuck in my head...thanks to the Mayans and their prediction that it is the end of the world. I REALLY hope it's not because I've worked really hard to make this an awesome Christmas for the kids this year...and... I'm not ready to meet my maker quite yet. I have some serious work to do on myself before that can take place. So...I'm hoping that tomorrow is not the end.

It seems that our kids are getting more and more complex as they get older. They are all definitely more moody! We are seeing more and more interesting traits come out with Spencer. His OCD has gotten more pronounced, and I'm pretty sure that if we ever decided to put a label on his behaviors, we would hear Aspergers. Joseph is super hormonal and his temper flies. And Connor is suddenly very overly sensitive to everything. An example for Connor...last night he watched "The Tigger Movie" for the first time. He said it brought tears to his eyes. Today he was depressed and in tears all day because Tigger never found his real family. As you can see in the picture below, Connor spent all day trying to make our Tigger happy and feel a part of our family. So, even though my children drive me absolute bonkers sometimes, I'm proud of their tender hearts and I love them with all mine.


In Jingle Mouse news...it looks like he found a friend to play Battleship with today!


No comments: