Thursday, October 16, 2008

Kaboose

No, I'm not talking about my big old rear end. Kaboose is the name of the widget thing that I have down on the lower right of my blog. It gives a recipe a day. I thought that was kind of a cool idea. I've seen a couple of neat recipes so far. My problem is that I guess my blog is getting old fashioned cause you can't see the whole widget. Everyone I know is going from the old standard Google blogger formats, to these fancy personalized ones. I guess I may have to cave soon and change the look of our blog a bit. I think I 'm getting old because I'm becoming a bit more resistant to change lately. Maybe it's just because we have a huge change coming to our family soon, but I just don't want to leave my little comfort zones. Brother! You would think I had no other problems in the world. ("Oh, what shall I do??? I might have to change my blog!! Such tragedy has befallen me!)

In other news, Travis's parents came over and had lunch with us because we both had the day off. His mom has been under the weather, so they weren't able to come over for Connors birthday, so they brought a cake and I made a meatloaf and we had a very nice little visit. She stayed the night last night and today we are going to take the boys to Pizza Hut and get them their pizza's that they've earned this month through the Book It! program. I have a coupon for a free lunch buffet, so it will be free pizza for everyone! (o: Travis's parents dryer broke down and their washer and stove are close behind, so Travis went with his mom to JCPenney's last night and helped her pick out new ones. She didn't want to shop with Dad cause those two argue over stuff like that, and since Travis is good at dealing with sales people, he went with her. I guess they got some nice stuff for their kitchen. His mom was grateful that he went to help her. Since they are older, making decisions like that can be very stressful. She came home from the mall last night and had to take Tylenol, Alka Seltzer, and Tums.

Anyway, off to watch Curious George with Connor, as we do every morning of the week except Sundays. Have a good one everybody!

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Change is hard for me, too, dangit! I've been trying to get up the courage to do something different with my hair for how many weeks now? I guess that's what happens when you get old. :) I'm glad to hear you are almost done working--maybe you can get a little more sleep now? Is that wishful thinking? Have a good day!