Friday, October 10, 2008

My Obsession

Just a real quick post here. I was just looking at my daily obsession. It's been a daily obsession for well over a year now. If I miss a day our two, I have to go back and see what I missed. I even have my kids dragged into it. Well, sort of. Sometimes they are more enthusiastic than others, but I know one day they will be totally hooked like me. Just you wait. Now, what is this obsession of mine you ask? No silly, not a soap opera! (haven't seen one of those in 20 years) It's the NASA Astronomy picture of the day. Seriously, you could get lost looking at the bajillions of past days pictures. Hours I tell you! So, I will share my obsession with you. Enjoy! http://http//antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/archivepix.html

And if that address doesn't entice you, how about a couple of these pictures.
This is mercury! Just taken a few days ago. Isn't that amazing???

This is earth at night. You can see where the big cities are. Look at Africa. It's pretty dark. All that Serengeti and stuff. (Lions don't need lamps I suppose)

Isn't the Milky Way (not the candbar!) gorgeous??

This is on Mars. I have really loved following all the awesome pictures and news about Mars. Super cool!

No comments: