Monday, May 21, 2007

Explorers

Saturday we decided to be adventurous and try out some new and exciting places to visit besides the same Seattle trip we take each week. We looked up parks for the Tacoma area, then loaded up the kids and off we went. (The pictures are a bit out of order, but I loved the family picture so much, I wanted that first.) We first went for a drive across the Tacoma Narrows Bridge. In the picture, the one we drove across is on the right. The one on the left is the new one they are building. We wanted to take the boys across it before they started taking tolls. I think that starts in June. Spencer loves bridges and was absolutely thrilled. Then we went to a great little park by the bridge called Optimist park (we loved that name!) and played on the little playground. It was really windy and chilly, so we didn't stay for long. We took the kids to a McDonald's and got them their traditional cookies. Then we headed off to Dash Point in Federal Way. It's a very nice beach. (Puget Sound waters)
It was also cold and windy and slightly rainy at the beach, but there was a low tide, so we were able to walk out pretty far and explore. The boys enjoyed this little picnic area next to a little bridge. (again with the bridges) Travis wondered if he could figure out the timer on the camera (we've never tried it before) because there were two tables close to each other-perfect for a self-group photo. Didn't take long for him to figure it out and here is the finished product. Good looking family I must say. Although, being the girl that I am, I was very disappointed in the wind blowing my hair right in my eyes. Lovely! But don't I have the cutest 4 boys in the world? I think so.









1 comment:

John and Jamie said...

Look Like fun wish I could have come. Dawn you look great.