Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there! I hope you all had a wonderful day. My dear husband gave me a gorgeous candle and handmade cards from him and the kids. I'm a lucky mom!
The past few days have been busy, fun and slightly icky. Travis had Friday and Saturday off, so Friday we did our usual Seattle trip, only we threw in a trip to a park in West Seattle. The boys got a good dose of multi-culturalism since we were very close to the city. There really were samplings of every culture imaginable there and the kids had a blast. It's so amazing to me how little children couldn't care less what color of skin other people have. They just play along side each other and treat each other like equals. I believe that's how Heavenly Father wants it to be with everyone. We could all take a lesson from our children.


Anyway, it was a really fun day. The kids went to bed early that night. We really wore them out. Saturday we went to Travis's parents house. Travis mowed their lawn and we had lunch. Then Spencer started looking not so hot. Pretty soon he was puking his little guts out. Lovely! We came home and he was sick all last night. Not sure what it was that he had. He was sick this morning for a while, but by afternoon was back to his old self. Needless to say, Travis and his Dad stayed home from church today and Joseph and I took Grandma Deone with us to church. Joseph got up with the primary children and stood there waving at us while all the others sang mother songs. He still looked cute. In Primary, Joseph gave his talk. We practiced it a lot last night and I think he was pretty prepared. He got a bit distracted by the microphone and had to really concentrate on not being goofy in front of all those kids, but he did a great job repeating what I said and he sounded quite grown up. He talked about Brigham Young and even had visual aids. We are very proud of him for not being even the slightest bit scared to get up in front of a group of people and giving a talk.

Travis had to work today so after we got home from church he had to dash off. I fixed a roast for Mother's Day and fed Mom and Dad Nelson. It was a very nice dinner and we had a good time. It's nice to have one mom close by. I wish my own mom was closer. Atlanta is a bit of a drive for her to come here for dinner though. I guess I'm just grateful that I have a wonderful mother who raised me with so much unconditional love and taught me how to be the mother that I am. I really am a very lucky and blessed person!

No comments: